These resources provide context for and background information relating to K-CEP’s cooling efficiency work:
K-CEP Info & Knowledge Briefs
- Financing Access to Cooling Solutions. Knowledge brief from SEforALL. March 2020
- Brochure on Good Refrigeration Practices. United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). March 2020
- The Cooling Imperative: Forecasting the size and source of future cooling demand. By The Economist Intelligence Unit. December 2019.
- Digital Public Sphere Analysis Insights Research: Efficient, Climate Friendly Cooling. By Alto Data Analytics. December 2019.
- Cooling in a warming world – Opportunities for delivering efficient and climate friendly cooling for all. By UN Environment and IEA. October 2019.
- Model regulation guidelines for energy-efficient, climate-friendly room air conditioners and refrigerators. United for Efficiency (U4E). September 2019.
- We Will: Efficient, Climate-Friendly Cooling for All brochure. By the Cool Coalition.
- Maps of national cooling policies
- Guides for Government and business action on efficient, climate-friendly cooling for the UN Secretary General’s Climate Action Summit (for governments / for businesses / for civil society / for cities)
- Discussion Paper: Architecture & Financing Models for Efficient Cooling alongside the Montreal Protocol By NRDC and Climate Finance Adviors. July 2019.
- Guidance on Incorporating Efficient, Clean Cooling into the Enhancement of Nationally Determined Contributions (English /French / Spanish)
- Clean Cooling Landscape Assessment
- Efficient, Clean Cooling- A Major Near-Term Opportunity for China
- Principles for National Cooling Plans
- Global Climate Impact from Hospital Cooling
- Enhancing China’s South-South Cooperation on Efficient, Clean Cooling
- Cooling as a Service (CaaS)
- Global, Regional, and Country Activities Supported by the Kigali Cooling Efficiency Program
- Optimization, Monitoring, and Maintenance of Cooling Technology.
- K-CEP Glossary
- Chilling Prospects: Providing Sustainable Cooling for All. By Sustainable Energy for All (SEforAll). July 2018
- The Future of Cooling: Opportunities for energy-efficient air conditioning. By the International Energy Agency (IEA). May 2018
- Cooling Efficiency: Benefits, progress & opportunities. By the Efficiency Cooling Office and the Carbon Trust. November 2017.
- Freezing in the tropics: Asean’s air-con conundrum. Written and produced by Eco-Business Research. January 2018.
- Cooling efficiency finance case studies. By the Efficiency Cooling Office and the Carbon Trust. April 2018.
- Africa cooling map. The Africa cooling cap presents African cooling policies, activities, and data related to making cooling more efficient and less polluting across the continent.
Briefs, Science & Research
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory: Benefits of Leapfrogging to Superefficiency and Low Global Warming Potential Refrigerants in Room Air Conditioning.
- Contribution of air conditioning adoption to future energy use under global warming. By Lucas W. Davis and Paul J. Gertler
- Deadly heat waves projected in the densely populated agricultural regions of South Asia. By Eun-Soon Im, Jeremy S. Pal, Elfatih A. B. Eltahir. August 2, 2017
- Lessons Learned From Incentive Programs for Efficient Air Conditioners: A Review. By Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. May 2015. (Highlight: Page 50 – description of Mexico’s program.)
- On-Bill Financing: Overview and Key Considerations for Program Design. By NRDC. July 2013. (Highlight: On-bill financing in the U.S. context.)
- Options for Financing Energy Efficiency in Public Buildings in Georgia. By the Energy Sector Management Assistance Program (ESMAP) and the World Bank’s Europe and Central Asia Region. September, 2016. (Highlight: Page 20/Section 4 – International Experience in Financing Public Sector Energy Efficiency Projects.)
Organizations and Agencies
- UNEP Ozone Secretariat. Find information on the Montreal Protocol, including the Kigali Amendment, along with Technical Economic Assessment Panel (TEAP) reports and data.
- Multilateral Fund for the Implementation of the Montreal Protocol. The Fund is dedicated to reversing the deterioration of the Earth’s ozone layer. It was established in 1991 to assist developing countries meet their Montreal Protocol commitments.
- The Climate & Clean Air Coalition HFC initiative
- HFCville interactive tool. Explore where HFCs are commonly used and where lower GWP substances and alternative technologies are readily available.
- UNEP Fact Sheet: Maximizing Climate Benefits of HCFC Phase-out in the Refrigeration Servicing Sector.