These resources provide context for and background information relating to K-CEP’s cooling efficiency work:
K-CEP Info & Knowledge Briefs
- Global Climate Impact from Hospital Cooling
- Enhancing China’s South-South Cooperation on Efficient, Clean Cooling
- Cooling as a Service (CaaS)
- Global, Regional, and Country Activities Supported by the Kigali Cooling Efficiency Program
- Optimization, Monitoring, and Maintenance of Cooling Technology.
- K-CEP Glossary
- Cooling Efficiency: Benefits, progress & opportunities. By the Efficiency Cooling Office and the Carbon Trust. November 2017.
- Freezing in the tropics: Asean’s air-con conundrum. Written and produced by Eco-Business Research. January 2018.
- Cooling efficiency finance case studies. By the Efficiency Cooling Office and the Carbon Trust. April 2018.
- Africa cooling map. The Africa cooling cap presents African cooling policies, activities, and data related to making cooling more efficient and less polluting across the continent.
Montreal Protocol, HFCs & International Engagement
- UNEP Ozone Secretariat. Find information on the Montreal Protocol, including the Kigali Amendment, along with Technical Economic Assessment Panel (TEAP) reports and data.
- Multilateral Fund for the Implementation of the Montreal Protocol. The Fund is dedicated to reversing the deterioration of the Earth’s ozone layer. It was established in 1991 to assist developing countries meet their Montreal Protocol commitments.
- The Climate & Clean Air Coalition HFC initiative
- HFCville interactive tool. Explore where HFCs are commonly used and where lower GWP substances and alternative technologies are readily available.
- UNEP Fact Sheet: Maximizing Climate Benefits of HCFC Phase-out in the Refrigeration Servicing Sector.
Science & Research
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory: Benefits of Leapfrogging to Superefficiency and Low Global Warming Potential Refrigerants in Room Air Conditioning.
- Contribution of air conditioning adoption to future energy use under global warming. By Lucas W. Davis and Paul J. Gertler
- Deadly heat waves projected in the densely populated agricultural regions of South Asia. By Eun-Soon Im, Jeremy S. Pal, Elfatih A. B. Eltahir. August 2, 2017.
- Reducing HFCs with the world’s most successful environmental treaty. Find out more about reducing HFCs and why it matters with this video by the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, narrated by Durwood Zaelke of the Institute of Governance and Sustainable Development.